Benefits of EDI with NYK Line
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the interchange of structured data by electronic means between computer systems according to agreed message
standards. In other words, EDI facilitates business transactions between customers and trading partners electronically. NYK Line has adopted EDI for
the same reasons it has embraced much of today's modern technology: to improve efficiency, data security as well as customer responsiveness and
These message standards were defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI X12 standards) and international bodies such as the United Nations (EDIFACT standards).
Why Use EDI?
- Closer business relationships are formed and enhanced customer service is possible.
- Facilitates better data sharing.
- Reduces cost and increase efficiency by improving data flow and error reduction.
- Environmentally friendly: minimized paper use and storage.
- Improves the security of business transactions.
- Improves accuracy and reduces the need for re-keying of data.
- Expedites the documentation process for import, export and customs declaration.
- Facilitates information management between customers and trading partners.
Benefits of Direct NYK Integration
- Industry standard technology platforms, firewall, hardware and software which is reliable, scalable and secure.
- Experience integrating with multiple customers and partners.
- Our EDI Solutions Team has a proven track record and methodology.
- In the last year, we have integrated with over 100 partners in ANSI, EDIFACT proprietary and XML formats.
- Multiple transmission methods (AS2, FTP, e-mail etc.)
To further support our EDI offering, NYK Line offers an array of e-Commerce Applications.
These will assist us both in providing a higher level of customer service.
If you would like an NYK Line representative to contact you regarding EDI, please click here